- This event has passed.
WTC Miami 14th International Women’s Day Conference and Awards Luncheon
CCAA is pleased to share information on the 14th International Women’s Day Conference and Awards Luncheon, hosted by the World Trade Center Miami at the Doubletree Hotel – Miami Airport and Convention Center on March 8, 2017.
For information on the awardees, program agenda, and registration, please visit the event website, here.
The event will take place on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 and will honor women who have made significant contributions in advancing international trade and business in Florida.
The idea of an international Women’s Day first arose at the turn of the century, when in 1909, the first National Women’s Day was observed in the United States. By 1910, 100 women from 17 countries, who had gathered in Copenhagen, unanimously approved a proposal to establish an annual Women’s Day to honor the women’s rights movement and to support universal suffrage for women. Since its early conception, International Women’s Day has assumed a global dimension for women in developed and developing countries.
International Women’s Day has been celebrated by the United Nations (UN) since 1975. The UN’s annual commemoration serves to focus attention on the rights of women around the world, and highlights women’s issues globally and focuses on their achievements. In 2004, the World Trade Center Miami decided to sponsor this event annually to recognize women who have inspired others to make major achievements in international business. More than 600 international executives/media attend the event each year.
- Dr. Susan Amat, CEO/Founder, Venture Hive
- Teresa Foxx, Director & General Manager, Barclays’ Miami Office
- Inmaculada Gutierrez-Carrizo, Trade Commissioner of the Embassy of Spain for the Southeast United States
- Nathalie Olijslager Jaarsma, Consul General, the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Miami
- Wendy Kallergis, President & CEO, The Greater Miami & The Beaches Hotel Association
- Alissa Peñaloza, Planning, Grants, and Real Estate Development Manager, PortMiami