AS/COA’s Energy Action Group presents a public forum to discuss ongoing efforts to bring clean energy to Central America and the Caribbean. Natural gas (as a “bridge fuel”) and renewable energy require a significant upgrade in infrastructure investment and the coordination of investors and donor countries. Panelists will address initiatives from the U.S. government, multilateral organizations, and the private sector to facilitate a transition to cleaner energy and contribute to the region’s energy independence.
- Edwin De los Santos, President, AES Dominicana
- Christiaan Gischler, Senior Energy Specialist, Inter-American Development Bank
- Robert Ichord, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Energy Transformation, U.S. Department of State
- Ana María Majano, Associate Director, Latin American Center for Competitiveness and Sustainable Development, INCAE Business School
- Christian Gómez, Jr., Director of Energy, Council of the Americas (moderator)
*additional speakers to be confirmed
This event is complimentary for all AS/COA members, YPA members, and guests. Prior registration is required.
Where: Biltmore Coral Gables · When: July 15, 2015, Registration & Breakfast: 8:00-8:30 AM, Discussion & Q&A: 8:30-10:00 AM
Event Information: Giselle Carratala | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-305-779-4816
AS/COA Membership: Madeleine Johnson | email@example.com | 1-305-779-4816
Press Inquiries: Adriana La Rotta | firstname.lastname@example.org | 1-212-277-8384